Here are some questions you may want to ask:
- What are the expected benefits of treatment?
- Would a clinical trial be appropriate for me?
- What are the risks and possible side effects of treatment?
- Will treatment affect my fertility?
- Can I keep working during treatment?
- Will I have to change my normal activities?
- How often will I need checkups?
Your doctor is the best person to give advice about working or limiting other activities, but it may be hard for some people to talk to the doctor about their feelings and other very personal matters. Many patients find it helpful to talk with others who are facing similar problems. This kind of help is available through cancer-related support groups. It may be helpful to talk with a nurse, social worker, counselor or member of the clergy. Living with any serious disease can be a difficult challenge.