Carpeting usually represents the single most expensive item in your house, often thousands of dollars.
- Vacuum regularly heavy traffic areas twice as often as other areas.
- Use recommended spotting techniques.
- Place attractive, washable mats/rugs by most-used doors. Do not use rugs or mats with rubber backing of volatile dyes that may harm your carpet.
- Have your carpets Hot Water "Steam" Cleaned on a regular basis. DuPont recommends only Professional Truck-Mounted "Steam" Hot Water Extraction Cleaning for their new Stainmaster carpet.
- Reapply a carpet protector, at least in the heavy traffic areas, after cleaning.
- Remove shoes before walking on carpet if possible.