Here are some questions you may want to ask your doctor:
- How can this disease be treated?
- What are my treatment choices?
- How successful is the treatment likely to be?
- Would a clinical trial be appropriate for me?
- What are the expected benefits of treatment?
- What are the risks and possible side effects of treatment?
- Will I have to change my normal activities?
- Can I keep working during treatment?
- How often will I need checkups?
Your doctor is the best person to give advice about working or to answer questions about other activities.
Many patients find it also helps to talk with others who are facing similar problems.
This kind of help is available through cancer-related support groups.