If there's a stinger, remove it by scraping it out with your fingernail or a credit card. (Pulling it out with your fingers or tweezers could squeeze more of the venom into your baby's body.)

Wash the area thoroughly with soap and water. You can help relieve any swelling or itching by applying an ice pack, calamine lotion, or a paste made from baking soda and water.

If your baby seems very uncomfortable, ask his doctor about giving him the appropriate dose of acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Never give your child aspirin, which can cause a rare but potentially fatal condition called Reye's syndrome.



facebook posting twit

  • What substances are most likely to cause a severe reaction?
  • What is anaphylactic shock?
  • How can I prevent my baby from getting stung or bitten?
  • We plan to travel outside the country. Should I be concerned about insects?
  • Can an insect bite or sting cause an infection?
  • What if he’s allergic to the insect?
  • My baby was bitten or stung by some kind of insect. Should I be concerned?
  • Can my child be cured of asthma?
  • What can I do to prevent my child from developing asthma?
  • Preventing an asthma attack
    Tagged on:                                             
  • Leave a Reply