A doctor may use just one method or combine methods to treat the cancer most effectively.
These are some questions a person may want to ask his/her doctor before treatment begins:
- What is my diagnosis?
- What is the stage of the disease?
- What are my treatment choices? Which do you recommend for me? Why?
- What are the chances that the treatment will be successful?
- Would a clinical trial be appropriate for me?
- What are the risks and possible side effects of each treatment?
- How long will my treatment last?
- Will I have to change my normal activities?
- What is the treatment likely to cost?